Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Why I worship Angelina Jolie's Right Leg

I worship Angelina Jolie Right Leg. Really I do. I have a picture of it on my mantle next to a glass of wine and a dollar bills. I want to hump this leg and create little calf babies.

I can just imagine how conversations around the Kerig machine went Monday morning. “What movie won best picture again?” “Umm the painter? Did you see Angelina Jolie’s leg?” By morning it had its own twitter account with @AngiesRightLeg with over 45,000 followers. But the rest of the world is still having a lot fun with it as photos of her right leg are being added by bloggers to famous works of art and other memorable photographs. It’s called "leg-bombing." According to THR “it was Jolie's longtime stylist, Jen Rade, who advised and coached her on adopting that stance to better show off the dress.”

I understand where Jen Rade was coming from. When I was all over 7, Saturday Night Fever was all the rage and so were wrap skirts. I tried one on and twisted the fabric around so I could stick my leg out through the slit 32 years before Angie did.

Still I saw Jolie directorial debut “In the Land of Blood and Honey”. It was too long. Its not exactly burning up the box office and was nominated for nothing at the Oscars. Yes Brad Pitt was nominated for best actor but no one expected him to win.

Yet Angelina managed to make the entire evening about her. Well her leg. Jim Rash went to accept his Oscar for best adapated screenplay for the Descendants he donned her pose. Sadly we never saw her Jolie reaction shot, perhaps she didn’t notice.

Some people insist that Jolie is livid abuot the coverage. Others say she is having fun with the whole thing.

The Oscars were a deadly dull affair. The only real excitement was Jennifer Lopez’s nip slip (accident? Personally I don’t think so) but it gave us something to talk about. Angie’s Leg.

I shall build a statue of Angie’s leg. Many stories high. I will shave my head and cease bathing.

I am a follower of Angie’s Leg. I am a Leggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment