Sunday, March 18, 2012

RPDR S4 Episode 7: Dragazines



So what is it with hangers on this show? It seems like every show opens with some declaring “I get (insert departing queen’s name here)’s hangers!” Personally I would like to know more about the rules regarding costumes and makeup.

Jiggly once against affirms her place on the show. “I know Milan is good but I’m good too”  while Willam asks her “you don’t think you’re going to win do you?”  Jiggly glares at him.

Phi Phi “that was an awkwardly long pause”

Its pretty clear the sharks have smelled blood and are circling.

Its fitting the mini challenge is “The library is open”  The queen turns throwing shade but oddly despite beign the bitch of the season (and that’s really saying something) Phi Phi insults are surprisingly bland. Personally I thought  Sharon nailed it with “Jiggly you’re such a fat bitch after sex you smoke hams!” But the winner was Latrice “Sharon Needles: two words side show freak”

Not many competition reality show repeat challenges, but  RPDR have their viewers looking forward to the “Snatch Game” and the “The Library is open”.  You’d think they would have had something prepared or at least been thinking about it.

The main challenge is creating a magazine cover. Rupaul has said  these challenges come directly from things he has done in his own career as a drag queen and I don’t doubt that’s true. Still this challenge does  demand creativity and wit and EVERY drag queen needs a lot that.

Having won the mini challenge Latrice gets to decide who gets what title.

Battle of the Bulge – Jiggly  - Jiggly doing a fitness magazine? Cruel but its not called Rupauls Best Friend race.

Taste Like Chicken – Dida a cooking magazine? 

Sugar Walls – Willam – interior decorating

Kitty Cats – Sharon for lovers of kitty cats “I love pussy” I knew Sharon would run with this.

Sashay Away – Phi Phi  (When given this Phi Phi says, “Are you trying to tell me something?” Latrice replies, “Please do.” I die.)

Eleganza – Chad – Fashion, this should have been a home run for Chad but sadly no.

What’s The T – Latrice Hollywood gossip. Given that Latrice choose this for herself its odd how badly she botched it.
Its pretty clear almost immediately Jiggly is going home. “Does this have to be comedy?” she asks “Couldn’t hurt” replied Chad. But Phi Phi can still smell blood. “if you think can get more out of this by being serious you should try that”
Dida doesn’t like her magazine either feeling its racist “I want to class this up, black woman on a cover eating chicken.  That could easily be offensive. I don’t eat watermelon I don’t eat chicken. What are you trying to to do (to Latrice)? Gook a bitch?” umm that’s NOT racist?
Latrice uses her 5 G’s: Good God Girl Get a Grip. “You’re a dude in a dress. It’s not that serious.”
When Ru comes for a visit it quicly becomes clear the queen are floundering. “Who the customer for this magazine” Ru asks Willam of his interior decorating magazine  “Women and…men”. So the entire planet?
Ru “Doesn’t that seem a bit broad?”
Ru ask one question of every queen “how does this magazine express you?” its clear the point was to use the magazine to tell the world who you are. Yet NO ONE seemed to get that.
After the photo shoots its back to the workroom to prep for the runway and the talk quickly turns to marriage. Latrice says she doesn’t think it should be called marriage anymore but what I think she means is marriage should be redefined. No matter. Sharon Needles wins he night with her comment “I support gay divorce”.  BWAH
Time for the runway! One thing I did find odd was when they showed the cover they whizzed by at such breakneck speed I really couldn’t see them. Given they were part of judging criteria (right?) so wouldn’t it have been nice to actually be able to read the captions? 
I’ll leave the comments on the fashion to people more qualified to judge than me except to say Jiggly once again she was headed to her prom.

Dida Ritz Bland and unfunny.

Chad Michaels – I forgot this was supposed to be be a fashion magazine I thougth it was travel for a second.  The font color blended in with the background making the unfunny captions difficult to read.
Thought I loved her Runway look. VERY 1980’s New Jersey girl. It was fun.
\
Jiggly: boring and what exactly was that cover? If she's boxing him why doesn't he have gloves on.
Latrice: Regina King nailed it.” It looked like the name of the magazine was “Hollywood”  it looks like more like a club flyer” RK really killed it this week. Can we replace Santino permanently with her?

Willam: lacked creativity and focus and hit showed. I hated it.
Phi Phi: it was okay I guess frankly I was rolling my eyes at all the praise that being heaped on her. But there was a bigger question.

Sharon Needles : Why didn’t this win?
Dressing up as Little Edie? Inspired. The captions? Hilarious. Now THAT is a magazine I would buy.

In the end Willam and Jiggly must Lip Sync for their Lives. Frankly I was pleased, to see Willam get knocked down a peg. Yes I knew the minute Jiggly was told she was up for elimation she was going home, but still Willam has a bad attitude and needs to learn some humility. It one thing to think you’re the shit. Its another to think you’re the shit because you are superior to everyone else. 

Of course I was surprised that Willam even bothered to learn the lyrics. The fact that he didn’t have any panties on because “I didn’t know I’d be lip syncing” didn’t surprise me as must as it confirmed by already low opinion of him.  Neither of them lit the stage on fire and I wouldn’t be surprised if this permanently wounds Willam ‘s over inflated pride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment