Sunday, April 15, 2012

Big Red Cart

GRRRR ARRRRGH

People in Manhattan can be insane. Of course people everywhere are insane but it just seems like in Manhattan it a lot more concentrated and in your face.

About two years agoI noticed a blue cart filled with plastic bags in the basement laundry room of my bldg. on the Upper West Side. Two weeks went by and it was still there.

So I took it.

Two weeks ago I noticed a much bigger red cart in the basement.  It was under a table in the corner next to the bookshelf. People often leave items there for some reason they don’t want anymore. It started with books but has expanded to household items. 

So I took it.

A week goes by and I head down the laundry room. There are signs all over.



“To the person who STOLE my red cart you did that in FULL VIEW of the security cameras!!! We know EXACTLY who you are! Return our cart to Apt ## or we’re calling the police!”

What?

So I take the cart and put it in front of their door. No harm no foul.

A week later and I’m in the laundry room again. I see a woman with the red cart its filled with laundry she puts in a machine, then takes the cart and puts it back under the table and leaves!!!

WHAT?????

So last week her cart was ‘stolen’ and she’s leaving it unattended in the laundry again?  There are signs all over the bldg. urging tenants  to return the rolling carts management puts in the laundry room. People take them all the time.  By leaving the cart unattended AGAIN in the same corner where people put items they don’t’ want you are practically begging for it to be taken!

I mentioned this to neighbor who lives in an adjoining bldg. (there are three in PWS complex) She replies “Oh that’s what those were” I go to the bldg. and discover that while this woman is too lazy to take her cart back to her apt she DID have the energy to make up flyers and post them on every floor and in every laundry in a 3 bldg complex?  And when her cart was returned to opted to NOT take them down?

Well it guess its not New York without a daily dose of CRAZY!

No comments:

Post a Comment